Your skin is your biggest organ in the body and what we see on the outside is a reflection of what’s going on in the inside.
You’ve probably heard it before, but again, it’s about eating clean foods that your body knows how to digest and transform into nutrients.
Processed and packaged foods are hard for the body to breakdown, which can lead to a number of health issues and really stops you from glowing.
So what to do? Cut the crap – sugar, alcohol, packaged and processed foods.
Instead, try these 5 tips:
1. Eat your green leafy vegetables! Not only are they extremely affordable, eating a wide variety of them every day gives you basically every micronutrient your body could ever need. They fight free radicals which cause aging and also act as an anti-inflammatory, decreasing under-eye circles, puffiness, redness, and blotches.
2. Feed your skin with good fats – Omega-3’s! They are anti-inflammatory and hormonal balancing. Some great examples are fish, eggs, avocado, seeds and nuts (especially walnuts).
3. Drink hot water with lemon and ginger every morning as soon as you wake up! The water will wake up your digestive system, the ginger will work as a scraper, and the lemon will help to detox and flush the system out so you can better absorb the food you’re about to put into it.
4. Take a break from caffeine and alcohol. They are heating, and heat causes inflammation both internally and externally to the body and skin.
5. Get more spices into your diet. They have tremendous health and skin benefits. They increase blood flow and circulation, are packed with vitamins and minerals, fight inflammation, help create a stronger UV shield in your skin and promote the production of collagen. Our favourite for skin is turmeric!
What's your favourite skin super-food?