Cleansing is the most important step in our home care routine and the 'Dermalogica Double Cleanse' is a must-do in any homecare routine for men and women. In saying this, there are also times when we just dont have the time (or after a late night out when you just want to get to bed) and we need to ensure our skin has the right support at these times too.
Why is double cleansing important?
During the day our skin is exposed to so much - pollution, dirt, dust, makeup and our own oils on the skin. We need to ensure we thoroughly remove this build-up to help give our skin's the best opportunity to rejuvenate and repair at night while we sleep.
The double cleanse will ensure our skin is left clean, refreshed and ready for our nighttime routine.
How do I double cleanse my skin?
It's easy! Firstly cleanse your skin - paying particular attention to the outer areas and the neck as these are often forgotten areas. Remove this with a gentle facecloth and lukewarm water.
Then, cleanse your skin again, except this time with a cleanser that is suitable for your skin and skin concerns. Cleansing can be done easily in the shower or at the basin.
Which cleanser is right for me?
Working out which cleanser is right for you is key to ensure your home care routine is targeting your concerns from the word go. Check out the guide below and our professional Skin Therapists can help if you're not sure.
The first cleanse will remove dirt, oil that we have accumulated on the skin and for women, it will also remove makeup. A cleansing type oil like the PreCleanse or the Micellar Prebiotic PreCleanse is the most effective way to start the cleanse routine as the ingredients liquefy and melt through all the layers of dirt, grime, makeup etc
2nd Cleanse - Target those concerns!
Once you have completed your first cleanse, the skin is clear of the dirt and grime etc and now we need to actually get in there and cleanse the skin. Dermalogica has a cleanser for all the main concerns we experience on our skin and here is a guide for you and the skin concerns they target. Swipe through to find the cleanser thats right for you.
- 3% Glycolic Acid unglues dulling dead skin cells to smooth, soften and boost brightness.
- Helps soothe, calm skin, moisturise and nourish the skin.
- Effectively cleanse skin while providing conditioning benefits.
Target Concerns of Ageing
Tackle Teenage Breakouts
- Deep cleans and purifies skin of dirt, oil and breakout-causing bacteria without stripping
- Clears and soothes the skin
- Can be used all over face and body to treat and help prevent future breakouts.
- Revives, energises and refreshes the skin.
What if I don't have time?
We understand that some days can be hectic. While we recommend double cleansing daily, we have a time-saving solution for busy days. Our Oil to Foaming Total Cleanser is your go-to for quick and efficient cleansing. With its user-friendly formula, it's the perfect cleanser for when you're on the go and still need your skin care to perform at its very best.
It's time-saving, multifunctional whilst providing a deep yet gentle cleanse. Its unique gel-oil formula that transforms into a foaming lather, combined with its nourishing ingredients, make it a must-have in any skincare routine.
- Simplifies your cleansing routine on those days you dont' have time
- Melts away maek-up, oil and susncreen
- Provides a deep yet gentle cleanse
- Nourishing and moisturising
- Improves skin hydration
My top tips to make cleansing easy and effective!
- Cleanse in the shower - time saving, easy!
- Cleanse your skin before you get too tired! It's late, you're tired and you just want to get to bed and your skin care routine is left (I can put my hand up here to say I have done this). As a result, I do my skincare routine earlier in the evening - it's done and my skin feels loved!
- If I'm out for a late night, I know in myself I will sleep better and look better in the morning if my skin care routine has been done.
If you need guidance around your skin or the Dermalogica products, please reach out to us. We offer complimentary Online Skin Consultations via email, zoom or phone.
About the Author
My name is Sarah and I am the founder of GLO Skin Body. With over 20 years experience, I believe a professional relationship with your skin therapist is crucial in helping you to achieve your skin care goals and to ensure your skin is always looking and feeling its best. Whether it's in person or through our online support, Im here to guide and support you towards your healthiest skin ever.
On a personal note, I am a Mum of 3 so I understand completely the juggles and balancing of life and family commitments . My goal is to help everyone have an effective and enjoyable home care routine that gets you the results you want...no matter how busy you are!