Get to know all about Dermalogica Top 4 best-selling moisturisers! But first, let's take a look at why we need to use a moisturiser and what it does for the skin.
Why do you need to moisturise your face?
Moisturisers are designed to seal and protect the skin. To lock in hydration and to protect the skin from the outside environmental elements.
How do I know what moisturiser to use?
Here is a little guide for you!
We base the type of moisturiser you should choose on when you notice an oil shine during the day.
If you experience an oil shine:
- Before lunchtime: Look for a matte finish or oil-free moisturiser
- Midday/early afternoon: A oil-free moisturiser is perfect
- Late Afternoon: Opt for a medium weight moisturiser
- Never: Your skin will be thirsty for the heavier weight moisturisers
Our Top 4 best-selling moisturisers
- Combination Skin with an oil shine in the mid/late afternoon
Why you'll love it:
- A moisturiser and SPF all-in-one makes for easy and effective application
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 - stimulates collagen collagen synthesis, helps firm skin
- Glucosamine HCL - stimulates formation of Hyaluronic Acid and collagen and helps control age-related hyperpigmentation
- Licorice- helps calm irritated skin
- White Tea Leaf- protects against free radical damage
Skin Type: Oily Skins with an oil shine from around midday/early afternoon
Why you'll love it: Its very lightweight yet hydrating which will help to balance the oil shine
- Prebiotic Moisture Complex combines potent prebiotic system with a unique combination of plant extracts for an improved skin texture and a healthy microbiome
- Cucumber Extract for soothing and deep hydration
- Lemon and Burdock Extracts to help refine skin texture
Skin Type: Combination skin with an oil shine mid/late afternoon
Why you'll love it: It feels light yet creamy and nourishing on the skin and keeps your skin feeling supple and comfortable throughout the day
- Active HydraMesh Technology infuses skin with 48 hours of continuous hydration and helps protect against environmental stress
- Antioxidant-rich botanical extracts including Grape Seed Extract, Vitamin C and Vitamin E help to protect skin against free radical damage.
Skin Type: Dry skin with no oil shine throughout the day
Why you'll love it: Its like a heavy-weighted blanket that feels so nourishing and comforting on the skin.
- Arginine / Lysine Polypeptide: a peptide that acts as a sugar trap, binding sugars in the body to itself to prevent the formation of AGEs.
- Evening Primrose, Borage Seed, Jojoba Seed, Shea Butter, Coconut and Vitamin E : help reduce trans-epidermal water loss and prohibit potentially irritating environmental pollutants from entering the skin.
- Madecassoside: inhibits inflammatory mediators while treating inflammation.
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 and Palmitoyl Oligopeptide: trigger collagen production, helping to increase firmness and restore elasticity
- Colloidal Oatmeal, Zinc Oxide and Oat Kernel: soothing; provides anti-itch relief to chronically dry skin.
If you need any further advice about which moisturiser is right for you and your skin, please reach out to us for advice, we would love to to help.
About the Author
My name is Sarah and I am the founder of GLO Skin Body. With over 17 years experience, I believe a professional relationship with your skin therapist is crucial in helping you to achieve your skin care goals and to ensure your skin is always looking and feeling its best. Whether it's in person or through our online support, Im here to guide and support you towards your healthiest skin ever.
On a personal note, I am a Mum of 3 so I understand completely the juggles and balancing of life and family commitments . My goal is to help everyone have an effective and enjoyable home care routine that gets you the results you want...no matter how busy you are!