Did you know exfoliation is a key step in your skincare routine, along with keeping the skin hydrated? Without these critical components, you’re comprising your glow, clarity and skin health.
Radiant Skin with Exfoliation
Exfoliation removes the outer layers of damaged, dead skin, revealing smooth, refined and brighter skin. Our skin is pre-programmed to continuously shed and renew itself – in fact, on average we shed 30,000 dead skin cells a minute. This keeps our skin’s barrier (the top layer) strong, so it can fulfil its role of protection. However, cell renewal can be easily slowed down by many factors, including make-up, sweat, age, stress, the environment, dehydration, and a lack of sleep. Exfoliation keeps the accelerator on the renewal process so that we can live in our healthiest skin.
Hydration and Healthy Skin
Just like exfoliation keeps the skin resilient, so does hydration. Our skin relies on a healthy moisture level to carry out important functions. One of these is cell renewal – hydration is what fuels this process, showing that hydration and exfoliation work together simultaneously to support a healthy barrier. When the skin is dehydrated, a multitude of issues arise, including premature ageing and skin sensitivity. Dehydration can also lead to excess oil, congestion and breakouts because our skin makes more oil to compensate for a lack of water.
A 2-in-1 Solution
Exfoliation and plenty of hydration equate to healthy, glowing skin. The good news is that getting these steps in your skincare regimen can be simple, thanks to Dermalogica’s Hydro Masque Exfoliant.
Hydro Masque Exfoliant is both a gentle exfoliant and a hydrating masque. This 2-in-1 masque and exfoliant smoothes and renews in one step. It’s a go-to skin booster and time saver, delivering luminous healthy-looking skin in just five minutes.
- Touch Activated Bamboo Spheres – provide gentle exfoliation as they polish and melt into the skin.
- Snow Mushroom – holds up to 450 x its weight in water, delivering a burst of moisture, improving skin texture and tone. It’s also rich in antioxidant Vitamin D and plant-based sterols, improving the skins ability to retain moisture.
- Jojoba Seed, Sunflower and Safflower – soften the skin and help fortify the natural barrier.
- Sugar Beets – deliver Amino Acids, helping to hydrate and prevent future moisture loss.
- Cucumber Extract – soothes and moisturises for fresh-feeling and fresh-looking skin.
The Hydro Masque Exfoliant is recommended for use 1 – 2 times a week. Apply a generous amount to the face and neck after cleansing, avoiding the delicate eye area. Lightly massage the Bamboo spheres into the skin until they disappear and then let the masque active for 3 – 5 minutes, before rinsing away. For maximum moisture, follow with your hydrating toner, serum and finish with your moisturiser (and SPF in the daytime).
- Hydration and exfoliation in-one
- Physical Exfoliation to brighten and smooth
- Hydrating Masque for luminosity and a healthy- looking skin
- A 3-5min self care treatment at home