- Adding another layer on top of an existing layer of sunscreen doesn’t not double the sun protection factor. Two layers of an SPF 15, does not become an SPF 30, it remains an SPF 15.
- Half a teaspoon of sunscreen is recommended for the face and neck, and about a shot glass for the body. Apply your sunscreen 30 minutes before exposure and reapply every 2 hours if you're outdoors.
UVA rays are the longest rays in the spectrum and penetrate to the deeper layers of the skin all year round. To support the function of healthy skin, SPF protection, 365 days of the year is vital.
- The best place to store your SPF product is in a cool place out of direct sunlight and heat.
- Don’t use sunscreens that contain fragrance or perfume as this may cause hyperpigmentation and, in some cases, a photosensitised reaction on the skin.
- Sunscreen doesn’t last forever! Most sunscreens remain active for 2-3 years, after that, there’s no guarantee that the level of protection is still present. Always check the expiry date before you apply your SPF
Shop Dermalogica Invisible Physical Defense today.