We have been asked many questions in relation to Daily Microfoliant and Daily Superfoliant…
- Is Daily Superfoliant a replacement for Daily Microfoliant?
- Is Daily Superfoliant better than Daily Microfoliant?
- Which one should I use?
So we hope to set the record straight when it comes to these two great products.
Daily Microfoliant is a multi-award winning product and one of the most globally in-demand in the Dermalogica range. This rice-based enzyme powder microfoliates the skin and is renowned for its smoothing and brightening capabilities.
It is gentle enough to use everyday and works to remove dulling surface debris to reveal brighter, smoother skin while stimulating cell renewal for improved suppleness. It helps balance uneven pigmentation for a more even complexion.
So, when Dermalogica launched Daily Superfoliant, many people thought “Yeah! An even BETTER version of Daily Microfoliant!” Whilst it may seem similar with Dermalogica's innovative powder technology, the two products in fact have very different uses, ingredients and key benefits.
Daily Superfoliant has become extremely popular, it is a versatile product that people have fallen in love with since its launch. It is much courser in consistency than Daily Microfoliant. It exfoliates skin to help prevent premature signs of ageing due to environmental pollutants and acts as more of a resurfacer than it’s skin polishing and brightening counterpart.
Here’s a breakdown of the key benefits of both these products and how they are actually best used when complementing each other.
- Daily Microfoliant is renowned for its smoothing and brightening properties
- The pH of Daily Microfoliant is slightly acidic which helps tighten and minimise the appearance of pores
- The lower pH of Daily Microfoliant contains more skin brightening actives such as Phytic Acid, as well as skin-soothing Oatmeal.
- Daily Superfoliant resurfaces skin to help prevent premature signs of pollution-induced skin ageing.
- The pH of Daily Superfoliant is slightly Alkaline, promoting temporary opening of pores to help cleanse and remove pollutants.
- Daily Superfoliant contains higher levels of more skin-resurfacing enzymes, alpha-hydroxy acids and anti-pollution ingredients.
We recommend that used over alternate days or even morning and night, these two products work wonderfully and most efficiently together! If you need any further advice as to which Dermalogica exfoliant is best for your skin, please reach out.
About the Author
My name is Sarah and I am the founder of GLO Skin Body. With over 17 years experience, I believe a professional relationship with your skin therapist is crucial in helping you to achieve your skin care goals and to ensure your skin is always looking and feeling its best. Whether it's in person or through our online support, Im here to guide and support you towards your healthiest skin ever.
On a personal note, I am a Mum of 3 and I understand completely the juggles and balancing of life and family commitments . My goal is to help everyone have an effective and enjoyable home care routine that gets you the results you want...no matter how busy you are!