Did you know that our skin has its own unique biological clock? Our skin behaves differently over a 24-hour period. At night, our skin is in regeneration mode. It’s the optimum time for skin recovery - collagen production soars and skin renewal rate almost doubles! So what’s our skin up to during the daytime? Well, it’s quite the opposite. Our skin shifts from renewal mode and shifts gear into defence mode.
More on Our Skin’s Daylight Defense Mode
During the day our skin cells are working hard to protect themselves from UV exposure and free radical damage. Much of the ageing we see on our skin is a result of daytime environmental exposure. Natural supplies of antioxidants are used by skin to prevent damage by quenching the harmful free radicals found in our environment. But, with the level of free radicals we are exposed to in the modern world, our skin’s antioxidant source is often left depleted.
Our skin faces more threats than ever before. UV radiation remains one of the most harmful and age accelerating influences on the skin, but pollution is catching up. Pollution, like UV, releases free radicals, causing deterioration to our collagen and elastin, along with a significant increase in pigmentation. To amp up your skin’s daily defences, Prisma Protect SPF30 is a technologically advanced, multi-tasking moisturiser.
- An all-in-one protective moisturiser
- Hydrates, boosts luminosity and defends against UV radiation, pollution and free radicals.
- Boosts the skin’s natural defense mode.
- Formulated with Intelligent Drone Technology capsules that convert daylight into skin radiance. The Intelligent Drones work by carrying light activated actives to specific cells where the skin can use them. Once activated by visible light, the actives are released and provide cellular energy, instantly super charging skin luminosity.
Other Key Ingredients in Prisma Protect SPF30:
- Advanced Moisture Magnets - provide all-day hydration by attracting moisture to the skin for visibly smooth skin.
- Japanese Matcha Tea – a potent antioxidant to support the skin in fighting against free radial damage and skin ageing.
- Avobenzone, Homosalate, Octisalate and Octocrylene – provide Broad Spectrum SPF30 protection using a blend of best-in-class chemical sunscreens.
- A bio-ferment from Sage – brightens and even skin tone, plus protects against skin irritating pollutants.
About the Author
My name is Sarah and I am the founder of GLO Skin Body. With alomst 20 years experience, I believe a professional relationship with your skin therapist is crucial in helping you to achieve your skin care goals and to ensure your skin is always looking and feeling its best. Whether it's in person or through our online support, Im here to guide and support you towards your healthiest skin ever.
On a personal note, I am a Mum of 3 so I understand completely the juggles and balancing of life and family commitments . My goal is to help everyone have an effective and enjoyable home care routine that gets you the results you want...no matter how busy you are!