Salicylic Acid is a Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) that exfoliates the skin. Beta Hydroxy Acids work both on the surface of the skin and deeper into the pores.
It's a great exfoliant for all skin types however, oily and acne skins will benefit the most from Salicylic Acid.
- It has the ability to 'unclog' pores - fantastic if you are experiencing congestion, blackheads and have acne-prone skin.
- It is oil-soluble which means it makes it easier to penetrate into the pores to help with the unclogging action and helps to regulate sebum (oil) production.
- It aids in stimulating cell turnover to help reveal a smoother texture and a more even, brighter skin complexion.
- Salicylic acid has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties making it a great exfoliation choice for acne-prone skin
- It's gentle on the skin which means many skins can use this every day to polish and smooth the texture of their skin to help it look softer (oily skins can have that toughened look so it is a real game changer if you do experience a good oil flow during the day).
Our favourite products with Salicylic Acid
This is a unique rice-based enzyme powder that contains a botanical brightening complex to microfoliate dulling debris and instantly leaves the skin noticeably smoother and brighter. Can be used daily or multiple times per week if you have more of a sensitive skin.
This is a two-in-one brightening and exfoliating serum that helps to clear breakouts and help prevent breakouts while reducing visible skin ageing.
- Salicylic Acid reduces breakouts to help clear skin
- Age Bright Complex of Terpineol, Thyme and Vitamin B3 Niacinamide works with the skin's natural microbiome to help promote a clearer more brighter skin. Helps to reduce visible skin ageing by fading post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- PhytoActives from the Resurrection Plant keeps the skin hydrated and smooth.
Perfect for teenagers! Combats active breakouts and minimises future breakouts. It helps brighten and even skin tone and leaves the skin with a smooth texture.
- Salicylic Acid stimulates natural exfoliation, helping to clear impacted follicles and minimise breakout formation
- Lactic Acid smooths and retexturises the skin
- Mandelic Acid helps to brighten skin and minimise post breakout marks and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Azelaic Acid helps unclog pores and even skin tone
Also Read: Which Exfoliant Is Right For Me?
We offer complimentary Online Skin Consulatations if you need guidance and support around the ideal Dermalogica products for your skin.
About the Author
My name is Sarah and I am the founder of GLO Skin Body. With almost 20 years experience, I believe a professional relationship with your skin therapist is crucial in helping you to achieve your skin care goals and to ensure your skin is always looking and feeling its best. Whether it's in person or through our online support, Im here to guide and support you towards your healthiest skin ever.
On a personal note, I am a Mum of 3 so I understand completely the juggles and balancing of life and family commitments . My goal is to help everyone have an effective and enjoyable home care routine that gets you the results you want...no matter how busy you are!