From breakout-prone and ageing skin to hyperpigmented and dry, dehydrated skin, exfoliation is important to the health of all skin conditions.
Exfoliation stimulates cell renewal rates, helping to reduce the signs of premature ageing, improve skin texture, remove excess surface cells that clog follicles and brighten skin.
With our selection of chemical and physical exfoliants that range from gentle to more intense, there is a Dermalogica Exfoliant for every skin condition.
Here is a overview to get you started, and please let us know if you need some further guidance - we can give you some further advice!
What are the benefits of exfoliation?
- Helps treat almost any skin challenge
- Keeps your skin feeling consistently soft and smooth
- Helps prevent and manage breakouts
- Removes dry/dehydrated skin cells from the surface of the skin
- Allows your skincare products to absorb more effectively into your skin
- Helps with the appearance of uneven skin tone
The different types of exfoliation
- Physical Exfoliation: The skin is exfoliated by means of manual friction. Think of your granular scrubs, facial brushes and mitts.
- Chemical Exfoliation: Actives such as Hydroxy Acids, Enzymes and Retinol (Vitamin A) exfoliate by means of digesting and/or loosening dead skin. They are more powerful than physical exfoliants as they can go below the skin’s surface.
- Acid-free smoothing agents: These are state-of-the-art ingredients that promote natural exfoliation without any friction or irritation. Some examples of these ingredients are Yeast, Glycosamine and Urea.
- Absorbs (binds to remove) pollutants from deep within pores.
- Provides antioxidant protection to the skin.
- Helps prevent adherence of pollutants to the skin.
- Reinforces the skin's protective barrier.
- Gently polishes to reveal smoother, more vibrant skin
- Replenishes and supports skin’s moisture barrier
- Relieves skin with calming and soothing ingredients
- Exfoliate, energize and brighten dull skin with this dual-action body exfoliant.
- Indian Bamboo Stem physically exfoliates to refine skin texture and brighten tone.
- Papain (from Papaya) and Lactic Acid dissolve dull, dead cells, promoting skin’s natural cell renewal process for brighter, more radiant skin.
- Natural Sea Salt – prized by ancient Egyptians for its skin-invigorating minerals – revitalizes and hydrates.
- A blend of replenishing bio-lipids helps to protect and strengthen skin barrier.
- Extracts of Licorice, White Tea, Coffeeberry and Chamomile infuse skin with vital antioxidants, while oils of Tea Tree and Grapefruit Peel purify and refresh.
About the Author
My name is Sarah and I am the founder of GLO Skin Body. With almost 20 years experience, I believe a professional relationship with your skin therapist is crucial in helping you to achieve your skin care goals and to ensure your skin is always looking and feeling its best. Whether it's in person or through our online support, Im here to guide and support you towards your healthiest skin ever.
On a personal note, I am a Mum of 3 so I understand completely the juggles and balancing of life and family commitments . My goal is to help everyone have an effective and enjoyable home care routine that gets you the results you want...no matter how busy you are!