Our skin needs consistent hydration in order to look, feel and be healthy - that's the primary step for skin health.
However, the environment around us leaves us at constant risk of dehydration and sometimes it might feel that keeping our skin hydrated is a neverending battle.
The tightness we feel on the skin, the urge to quickly get moisturiser on after cleansing and the skin concerns we might be experiencing (e.g. acne), might all be a sign that our skin is dehydrated.
Hydrated vs Dehydrated Skin
Our bodies (including the skin) need water to survive and thrive.
When we talk about hydration, we are referring to the moisture levels in the skin. Moisture is vital in keeping the skin healthy and our skin barrier in optimum condition.
This barrier is the top layer of the skin and this protects us from the harsh environmental elements that surround us daily. If moisture levels become low, we start to see changes to our skin. Lets take a look at the difference between a hydrated skin to a dehydrated skin,
- Looks radiant
- Has a healthy 'glow'
- Feels supple and looks plump
- No tightness present on the skin
- Skin feels comfortable and bouyant
- Oil flow is balanced
- Can appear dull
- Has an uneven skin texture
- May increase congestion and breakouts (if prone)
- Feel 'tight' and a 'dry' similar to that of wanting to put more moisturiser on during the day
- Oily but feels dry
- Fine lines of dehydration may appear and wrinkles may look deeper
Who can use the Circular Hydration Serum?
EVERYONE! Seriously, everyone.
No matter your skin type and no matter what skin concerns you have, every skin needs extra hydration.
As a bonus, this serum can be layered with some of your other dermalogica serums, so that multiple concerns can be targeted.
We all need sustained hydration and the Circular Hydration Serum delivers exactly that.
This serum immediately floods the skin with hydration and replenishes skin from within, all while preventing future moisture being evaporated from the skin.
- A light, silky consistency that absorbs quickly into the skin
- Suitable for all skins, including oilier skins
- Leaves skin smooth, plump and luminous
- Clinically proven to deeply hydrate skin for 10+ hours and increase hydration levels over time
The key ingredients that guarantee efficacy
- Polyglutamic Acid – Creates a barrier to prevent water from evaporating out and helps to stimulate hydration from within the skin.
- Algae Extract-Infused Moisturising Matrix – Delivers quick and long-lasting hydration.
- Lactobacillus Ferment + Avena (Oat) Extract – Helps balance skin's microbiome (bacteria community) to improve barrier health so skin can better hold water.
- Amino Acids – Trap water onto the skin’s surface, helping prevent future dehydration.
- Hyaluronic Acid – Known for its ability to hold 1000x times its own weight in water, this potent humectant, also naturally present in the skin, provides deep hydration.
- Plant-derived sugars – Provide an ongoing moisture reservoir deep in the skin.
- Independent clinical test on 30 subjects
- 2 applications/day of Circular Hydrating Serum for 28 days.
- Hydration measurements taken via corneometer before application and at 20 minutes, 2 hours, and 10 hours.
If you need any advice about your skin, we are here to help! We offer complimentary Online, Phone and Zoom consultations (no zoom account needed) to help with your skin concerns face to face, from the comfort of your own home!
Click on advice to book a day and time that suits you best. We would love to hear from you.
About the Author
My name is Sarah and I am the founder of GLO Skin Body. With over 17 years experience, I believe a professional relationship with your skin therapist is crucial in helping you to achieve your skin care goals and to ensure your skin is always looking and feeling its best. Whether it's in person or through our online support, Im here to guide and support you towards your healthiest skin ever.
On a personal note, I am a Mum of 3 so I understand completely the juggles and balancing of life and family commitments . My goal is to help everyone have an effective and enjoyable home care routine that gets you the results you want...no matter how busy you are!