Men of today are becoming more in tune with the importance of taking care of themselves and gone are the days of men using skincare being seen as 'girly'. This is a fantastic turnaround because it's so important that men too are taking care of their skin.
More often than not a guy doesn't really know what to do, where to start and what to use on his skin so they find themselves just washing their face with water and soap and being on their way.
The good news - We are here to help!
When it comes to skincare for men, we work with how simple or sophisticated they want it to be. Some guys are happy just to wash their face and maybe put a moisturiser on and others love to apply the Targeted Serums, Eye Treatments and Masques on a regular basis.
Whichever the fit, we can personalise a home care routine that will target their skin concerns and has them being consistent with taking care of their skin.
Is Male skin the same as female skin?
There are some differences from male skin to female skin so let's look at these first:
- Men's skin is thicker than female skin. It's firmer and tighter in appearance
- Men tend to have oilier skin and their pore size is larger than a females pore size
- Men are less prone to dryness
- Men age slower. However, once their ageing process does start, they tend to show the signs faster
- Men's skin is constantly more stressed for those that shave
So what's the best way for men to take care of their skin?
Here are the key steps to a basic routine:
- Wash - Washing and cleansing the skin is the most important step in every skincare routine. Special Cleansing Gel is a great option for guys because its foaming and leaves the skin feeling really clean plus mention they can shave with this product too!
- Scrub - Men love when their skin feels smooth and because they tend to have larger pores than us, exfoliating is an important step in their routine. Daily Microfoliant is a great one to begin with as its gentle, brightening and leaves the skin looking radiant and feeling smooth.
- Moisturise - Men dislike that feeling of oil on their skin so we keep their moisturiser lightweight. link with Calm Water Gel for the sensitive skins and Active Moist
- Protect- Men are just as prone to damage from the UV rays as women, yet they are less likely to wear SPF daily. Oil Free Matte SPF30 is light-weight, protective and will give a matte appearance to the skin.
If there is a man in your life that may benefit from some advice, we are here to help them. We offer complimentary Online Skin Consultations via email, phone and Zoom and will help them with a personalised routine to suit their needs!
Our top picks for Men:
- Soap-Free Foaming Gell Cleanser
- Great to to use for Shaving
- Leaves skin feeling clean and fresh
- Smoothing and Brightening
- Easy to use in the shower after cleansing
- Oil- Free
- Helps hydrate skin without the greasy feel
- Brings balance to the skin with healthy microbiomes
- Absorbs oil for an all day matte appearance
- Helps breakout prone skin
- Protection from UV rays