More and more people are discovering the benefits of double cleansing for their skin and now we are looking for alternatives to traditional cleansing oils and makeup removers. That's where micellar products come in! Micellar cleansers are known for being gentle and effective, without causing any irritation to the face or eyes.
Dermalogica's Micellar Prebiotic Cleanse is an innovative product that makes the first step of your double cleanse even better! This prepares your skin for the second step of cleansing, giving you a comprehensive and effective cleansing experience for healthy, glowing skin.
What is Micellar?
Micellar Prebiotic CIeanse uses gentle micelles to attract and dissolve makeup and impurities. Micelles are tiny clusters of special molecules that are used in skincare products like cleansers and makeup removers.
- They work like magnets, attracting and lifting away dirt, oil, and makeup from your skin without rubbing or scrubbing hard.
- Micelles are gentle and suitable for most skin types, including sensitive skin, because they don't strip your skin of its natural oils.
- You can find them in different forms like micellar water, foams, or gels, and they're great for removing makeup and keeping your skin clean and refreshed.
How do prebiotics help the skin?
In addition to Micelles in this cleanser, the skin is also nourished with prebiotics that balance your skin's microbiome.
Prebiotics in skincare are like a tasty snack for your skin's good bacteria! They help nourish the diverse community of microorganisms that naturally live on and in your skin, which is important for maintaining healthy skin. Think of prebiotics as a special type of fiber that the good bacteria in your skin love to eat. When these bacteria enjoy prebiotics, they produce short-chain fatty acids that are great for your skin.
These fatty acids can reduce inflammation, strengthen your skin's protective barrier, and even promote the growth of more beneficial bacteria.
So, using skincare products with prebiotics can help support a balanced and healthy skin microbiome, which is essential for keeping your skin happy and glowing!
- Cleansing Murumuru Butter micelles attract and dissolve impurities.
- Oatmilk with skin-nourishing lipids gently melts into the skin.
- Prebiotic Blend helps balance skin’s microbiome and boost its capacity for moisture retention.
- Emollient Apricot Kernel Oil delivers antioxidant benefits.
- Amino Acid-rich Cotton Seed Protein conditions and reinforces skin’s barrier, even after wash-off.
How to use
- Using dry hands, massage over dry face and eyes to melt away make-up and debris.
- Wet hands and continue massaging to create a light, milky emulsion, then rise.
- Follow with your Dermalogica toner, serum moisturiser.
Need some guidance around which products are best for your skin? We offer complimentary Online Skin Consultations via email, zoom and phone. Reach out to us if you need advice.
About the Author
My name is Sarah and I am the founder of GLO Skin Body. With almost 20 years experience, I believe a professional relationship with your skin therapist is crucial in helping you to achieve your skin care goals and to ensure your skin is always looking and feeling its best. Whether it's in person or through our online support, Im here to guide and support you towards your healthiest skin ever.
On a personal note, I am a Mum of 3 so I understand completely the juggles and balancing of life and family commitments . My goal is to help everyone have an effective and enjoyable home care routine that gets you the results you want...no matter how busy you are!