Exfoliation is an important element of skin health as it promotes a healthy functioning skin and protective skin barrier. Exfoliation supports the skin’s cell renewal process – a mechanism in place to replace dead, tired skin cells with fresh, new healthy ones.
Cell renewal can easily slow down. Age, dehydration, oil, sweat and makeup can all cause sluggish cell renewal. By giving this natural process a boost, we guarantee our skin barrier remains resilient. Exfoliating also helps keep pores clear, brightens and smoothes the skin, plus, with dead dulling surface skin removed, your skincare will be absorbed more effectively.
However, if you use your exfoliant incorrectly, or have one that’s not right for your skin, that could lead to your skin being upset. And this is where hesitation around exfoliation comes from. While exfoliation is essential for softer smoother skin, it’s important to find the right exfoliant for you and understand how it should be used, either daily or weekly. This way you'll avoid over-exfoliation and get the best benefits from a product that is suitable for YOU.
Daily Milkfoliant - for peace of mind exfoliation
One of the most exciting features of the Daily Milkfoliant is that it's suitable for EVERYONE!
It's proven to calmy exfoliate, which means if you have a more sensitive/delicate skin, this will be ideal for you to use on a regular basis.
It will provide your skin with a calming exfoliation so especially ideal for those of your with a more sensitive, delicate skin type. I'm personally cheering as Daily Milkfoliant is the peaceful way to exfoliate. This calming, Oat-based powder exfoliant polishes to reveal smoother, more vibrant skin, replenishes and supports skin’s barrier, and relieves skin with calming ingredients.
Offering both a polishing and restorative treatment, Daily Milkfoliant is proven to calmy exfoliate skin. This vegan milky powder exfoliant with Oat and Coconut is activated by water. Upon mixing Daily Milkfoliant with water, it transforms into a creamy, frothy lather that releases botanical extracts, to help polish away dead skin cells. As a result of the calming ingredient blend, Daily Milkfoliant can be safely used daily, for soft, smooth skin every day.
- Fine Oat Powder – Buffs away impurities from the skin and helps loosen dead, dulling skin cells, to reveal clearer, brighter and softer skin
- Coconut Milk - Conditions, smooths and softens the skin
- Fruit-based Grape Extract and Arginine – Provides a gentle chemical exfoliation, while improving overall skin smoothness
- Papain Extract – Digests dead skin cells for smoother skin
- Oat Bran Extract - Replenishes and calms the skin
- Hyaluronic Acid – Improves skin’s moisture content and barrier function
- Saccharide Isomerate - Helps support skin’s moisture barrier through hydration and prevention of skin dryness. It also has a prebiotic property to support a healthy microbiome.
- Atomised Sea Salt - Rich in minerals that aid in calming the skin.
How to use Daily Milkfoliant
- Cleanse your skin as normal (remember to double cleanse at night)
- Dispense half a teaspoon of the Oat powder into damp hands and gently rub together to create a creamy lather.
- Lightly massage over face and neck in small circular motions for 1 minute, avoiding the eye area, then rinse away with lukewarm water. Follow with your Dermalogica toner, serum and moisturiser.
About the Author
My name is Sarah and I am the founder of GLO Skin Body. With over 17 years experience, I believe a professional relationship with your skin therapist is crucial in helping you to achieve your skin care goals and to ensure your skin is always looking and feeling its best. Whether it's in person or through our online support, Im here to guide and support you towards your healthiest skin ever.
On a personal note, I am a Mum of 3 so I understand completely the juggles and balancing of life and family commitments . My goal is to help everyone have an effective and enjoyable home care routine that gets you the results you want...no matter how busy you are!