Did you know exfoliation is a key step in your skincare routine, along with keeping the skin hydrated? Without these critical components, you’re comprising your glow, clarity and skin health.
Radiant skin with exfoliation
Exfoliating the skin eliminates damaged and dead skin cells, exposing smoother, refined, and brighter skin. Our skin is naturally programmed to shed and renew itself continuously, with an average of 30,000 dead skin cells sloughing off every minute. This process strengthens the skin's protective barrier, which is its top most layer.
However, various factors such as makeup, sweat, age, stress, environmental factors, dehydration, and inadequate sleep can slow down the skin's renewal process. Exfoliation helps maintain the momentum of this renewal process, allowing us to achieve our healthiest skin.
Hydration and healthy skin
Hydration, like exfoliation, is crucial in maintaining resilient skin. Adequate moisture is essential for the skin to perform vital functions such as cell renewal. Therefore, hydration and exfoliation complement each other and work in tandem to promote a healthy skin barrier.
In contrast, when the skin lacks hydration, it can lead to several issues, including premature aging and skin sensitivity. Dehydration can also trigger excess oil production, congestion, and breakouts as the skin attempts to compensate for the lack of water.
A 2-in-1 solution
Healthy and radiant skin can be achieved by exfoliating and keeping the skin hydrated. Fortunately, incorporating these steps into your skincare routine can be effortless with Dermalogica's Hydro Masque Exfoliant.
This innovative product serves as both a gentle exfoliant and a hydrating masque. It effectively smoothens and renews the skin in a single step, making it an ideal solution for those looking to save time while boosting their skin's appearance. In just five minutes, this 2-in-1 masque and exfoliant can provide a glowing, healthy-looking complexion.
2. Key Ingredients:
- Touch Activated Bamboo Spheres – provide gentle exfoliation as they polish and melt into the skin.
- Snow Mushroom – holds up to 450 x its weight in water, delivering a burst of moisture, improving skin texture and tone. It’s also rich in antioxidant Vitamin D and plant-based sterols, improving the skins ability to retain moisture.
- Jojoba Seed, Sunflower and Safflower – soften the skin and help fortify the natural barrier.
- Sugar Beets – deliver Amino Acids, helping to hydrate and prevent future moisture loss.
- Cucumber Extract – soothes and moisturises for fresh-feeling and fresh-looking skin.
How To Use:
It is recommended to use the Hydro Masque Exfoliant 1 – 2 times a week.
- Apply a generous amount to the face and neck after cleansing, avoiding the delicate eye area.
- Lightly massage the Bamboo spheres into the skin until they disappear and then let the masque activate for 3 – 5 minutes, before rinsing away.
- Follow with your hydrating toner, serum and finish with your moisturiser (and SPF in the daytime).
About the Author
My name is Sarah and I am the founder of GLO Skin Body. With almost 20 years experience, I believe a professional relationship with your skin therapist is crucial in helping you to achieve your skin care goals and to ensure your skin is always looking and feeling its best. Whether it's in person or through our online support, Im here to guide and support you towards your healthiest skin ever.
On a personal note, I am a Mum of 3 so I understand completely the juggles and balancing of life and family commitments . My goal is to help everyone have an effective and enjoyable home care routine that gets you the results you want...no matter how busy you are!