Taking care of our skin is an investment. Whether you are using a cleanser and a moisturiser only or you have a full routine of serums, eye treatments and masques, we all want to make sure that what we use products that are right for us. Based on this, it only makes sense that when it comes to makeup, we still want it to benefit our skin, right?
The health of your skin is our priority and when it came to introducing makeup into our range, Oxygenetix Oxygen Foundation was our match - it was love at first sight!
Why Oxygenetix Oxygen Foundation?
Oxygenetix Oxygenating Foundation is a breakthrough foundation formulated to help heal and camouflage damaged skin. It was created to help to effectively cover and heal post-procedure skin. The innovative Oxygenetix Breathable Foundation is treatment makeup at its best.
It's suitable for most skin types, including sensitive skin. This foundation can cover up a wide range of skin conditions including dry skin, eczema, rosacea, scars, bruising, wounds and rashes.
Advanced skin treatments have become increasingly popular and this foundation is ideal for use following chemical peels, microdermabrasion and laser resurfacing.
How does Oxygenetix Oxygenating Foundation differ from other foundations?
The formulation of the foundation consists of 3 key ingredients:
1. Patented Ceravitae® - This is the hero ingredient in Oxygenetix and promotes oxygen uptake to skin cells which in turn accelerates tissue growth. Ceravitae stimulates skin cells to increase their oxygen uptake and make more of the skin proteins collagen and elastin. These fresh cells accelerate healing of the skin and create younger-looking skin.
2. Aloe Vera - known for its healing properties and forms the base of the foundation instead of traditional water and oils. This together with the patented Ceravitae increases oxygen uptake to the skin and produces skin cell renewal.
3. It's a medical breakthrough formula foundation for post-procedures and is the world’s first breathable foundation. This means its non-comedongenic and allows the skin to breath.
This foundation is the only foundation doctors choose that is safe enough to use post treatment and is proven to help heal the skin.
How does the Oxygenetix Acne Control foundation work?
Formulated with the same Ceravitae Complex to increase the skin’s oxygen uptake, the Oxygenetix Acne Control Foundation contains 2% Salicylic Acid to help unblock pores and minimise acne-causing bacteria on the surface of the skin! Enriched with soothing Aloe Vera and Vitamin E, this foundation helps to calm redness and inflammation while maintaining the skin’s natural pH level.
Not sure how to choose a shade that is right for you?
The great news with Oxygenetix Oxygen Foundation, there are 14 shades and finding a match for your own skin is easy. Even better, It includes SPF25 to keep delicate skin protected against the sun’s harmful UV rays and the hydrating oil-free formula is both water-resistant and transfer-proof.
The selection of shades are split into two groups to make finding the right match easier.
Firstly, we need to help you determine whether you are a Blue Base or Yellow Base skin tone
We were all born with the natural instinct to gravitate towards colours in our spectrum. Take a look at the colours below and notice which row you are drawn to most. There may be colours you like and dislike from each row so try to see it as a whole.
Yellow base undertone
- Produce yellow, peachy pink skin tones
- Warm/olive complexion
- Hands will be yellow or golden with peach-pink knuckles Darker skin will have a definite gold tone
- On the inside of your wrist, your veins will appear GREEN
- Freckles will be lighter
- You prefer summer, golden and bronze colours
Blue base undertone
- Produce rosy pink skin tones
- Fair/cool complexion
- Hands will be rose pink
- Darker skin will have reddish undertones or a blue cast.
- On the inside of your wrist, your veins will appear BLUE
- Freckles will be darker
- You prefer wintery colours e.g. Burgandy
The next step is working out which fitzpatrick scale colour is right for you. Here is a guide:
Finding your match
Based on all these aspects, here is a guide to your perfect match:
Fitzpatrick 1: Pearl or Ivory
Fitzpatrick 2: Taupe
Fitzpatrick 3: Walnut
Fitzpatrick 4: Coco
Fitzpatrick 5: Ebony
Fitzpatrick 6: Mahogany
Fitzpatrick 1: Opal or Creme
Fitzpatrick 2: Beige
Fitzpatrick 3: Almond or Honey
Fitzpatrick 4: Tawny
Fitzpatrick 5: Chakra
Breakthrough foundation formulated to help heal and camouflage damaged skin. Suitable for most skin types, including sensitive skin. This foundation can cover up a wide range of skin conditions including dry skin, eczema, rosacea, scars, bruising, wounds and rashes. It also includes SPF to keep delicate skin protected against the sun’s harmful UV rays and the hydrating oil-free formula is both water-resistant and transfer-proof.
- Features maximum strength 2% salicylic acid combined with a breathable delivery system
- Helps unblock pores and minimise acne-causing bacteria on the surface of the skin.
- Added SPF protects the skin against the sun’s harmful UV rays and the water-resistant, long-wearing formula lasts all day and doesn’t transfer onto clothes.
About the Author
My name is Sarah and I am the founder of GLO Skin Body. With over 17 years experience, I believe a professional relationship with your skin therapist is crucial in helping you to achieve your skin care goals and to ensure your skin is always looking and feeling its best. Whether it's in person or through our online support, Im here to guide and support you towards your healthiest skin ever.
On a personal note, I am a Mum of 3 so I understand completely the juggles and balancing of life and family commitments . My goal is to help everyone have an effective and enjoyable home care routine that gets you the results you want...no matter how busy you are!