Dermalogica now has two cleansers with the dual action approach of cleansing and exfoliating all-in-one. Both with amazing benefits, but what's the difference between them? That's a common question that has come up from my clients, so I am here to guide you on which cleanser will be right for you - the Daily Glycolic Cleanser OR the Skin Resurfacing Cleanser!
Lactic Acid and Glycolic Acid
Both Lactic Acid and Glycolic Acid are in the family of AHA's (Alpha Hydroxy Acids). They both help increase cell turnover.
Lactic acid is naturally occurs in milk. It's a common type of AHA and is available in a wide range of concentrations. Not only does it help with increasing cell turnover and smoothing the skin, it attracts moisture to the skin making it great for hydration and helps target pigmentation and uneven skin tone.
Glycolic acid is anther common AHA. It is naturally occurring in sugarcane. Glycolic acid has the smallest molecule size. This means that it is able penetrate deeper than other AHAs like lactic acid or and so is the strongest of the alpha hydroxy acids.
Skin Resurfacing Cleanser vs Daily Glycolic Cleanser
These two treatment cleansers both utilise Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) but are geared towards different skin conditions and concerns.
Daily Glycolic Cleanser targets concerns of dullness and is gentle for everyday use. It's a gel-like cleanser that uses Glycolic Acid to effectively slough off dead skin cells and reveal brighter skin. It leaves your skin feeling conditioned and soft.
Skin Resurfacing Cleanser is a creamier, exfoliating cleanser that retexturises and smooths ageing skin. It uses Lactic Acid, an AHA with humectant properties that are beneficial for drier and/or ageing skin, to help accelerate cell turnover and reveal smoother skin.
Also read: Cleansing - Am I Doing It Right?
- Lactic Acid: an alpha hydroxy acid that smooths and retexturises.
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E): a rich antioxidant vitamin that improves skin smoothness and softness.
- Rose Flower Oil: soothes; helps calm skin sensitivity
- A gentle yet effective formula that works to unglue and cleanse away the daily build up of brightness blockers, while maintaining the skin’s moisture barrier.
- Suitable for all skin types experiencing dullness
- Cleanses and removes buildup • Brightens and evens skin tone
- Conditions and replenishes skin
- Glycolic Acid exfoliates the skin by speeding up cell turnover, allowing dead skin cells to slough off more rapidly than they would on their own to reveal newer, brighter, and healthier looking skin.
- Calendula Extract is a botanical extract rich in flavonoids and saponins with soothing properties.
- Jojoba Oil with Omega 9 esters and phytosterols has soothing, moisturising, and conditioning benefits.
If you need any further guidance as to which cleanser or Dermalogica product is right for you, please reach out to us for a Complimentary Skin Consultation.
About the Author
My name is Sarah and I am the founder of GLO Skin Body. With over 17 years experience, I believe a professional relationship with your skin therapist is crucial in helping you to achieve your skin care goals and to ensure your skin is always looking and feeling its best. Whether it's in person or through our online support, Im here to guide and support you towards your healthiest skin ever.
On a personal note, I am a Mum of 3 so I understand completely the juggles and balancing of life and family commitments . My goal is to help everyone have an effective and enjoyable home care routine that gets you the results you want...no matter how busy you are!