I don't know about you, but through this uncertain time of isolation, I went through a whole life evaluation of:
- I am going to get super healthy!!
- I am going to eat right and quit sugar!
- Exercise daily with walks/runs, at-home yoga and home workouts
- Get my eight hours to of sleep at night, feel rejuvenated and refreshed
- Jumped on the wagon of super green juices and immunity boosters
- My skin health was a priority from masking to applying my body products religiously
I was going to come out of isolation as a "new" me!!! I want this determination and this "feel good me" to continue post "iso glo."
My top tips to keep the "iso glo" for our bodies, minds, health and most importantly our skin are:
Rest and sleep: This is a highly important component in our lives. Sleep plays a vital role in good health and well being. Recommended hours are 7-9 hours to function at our best. Rest supports healthy brain function and physical health. Levels of the stress hormone cortisol fall during sleep. Which helps our skin repair day time damage during sleep. The body makes more collagen, which minimises fine lines. Our growth hormone factors are released to strengthen our skin.
Eat a well-balanced diet; full of fruit and vegetables: This includes more colourful fruit and vegetables. These are not only nutritious but give the skin a healthy glow; protects our nervous system and boosts our immune system.
Adequate hydration for skin and body: Drinking eight glasses of water a day is right for your body. However, the water we drink only amounts to 13% of hydration in the skin. No amount of water can provide the same benefits as using products containing replenishing ingredients like hyaluronic acid, ceramides, peptides and omega fatty acids. These ingredients work with the water in your skin to keep hydration levels balanced.
Yoga or Meditation: Uncertain times can have stress on our minds and bodies. Yoga or mediation helps to keep the mind sharp and clear, relieve stress and improve overall well being
- Keeping Active: Exercise does not only get the heart rate up, improve our cardiovascular system and circulation but also helps to deliver oxygen and nutrients to our skin. Which keeps the skin healthy, promotes collagen production and promotes new skin cells
- Essential fatty acids (omega3) - incorporating a good quality supplement of omega 3 in our diets is not only optimal for our health but also our skin. An essential fatty acid layer protects each skin cell. When our bodies deplete these healthy fats, we compromise our skin from functioning efficiently.
- Vitamin C - Is necessary for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues. It is an "all-rounder" vitamin that involves many body functions, including the formation of collagen, absorption of iron and it also supports the immune system.
These are my daily essential products for a post-iso glo:
A high-performance Vitamin C serum that works with skin’s own defenses to brighten and firm. Combines an ultra-stable Vitamin C complex with advanced bio-technology to deliver the natural power of Vitamin C where it's needed most. BioLumin-C does more than simply brighten, firm and reduce the appearance of fine lines; it works with skin's own defenses, giving you brighter skin from within.
Vitamin C is one of the most potent antioxidants available. NEW BioLumin-C Eye Serum utilizes. Dermalogica’s ultra-stable, highly bioavailable. Vitamin C complex to dramatically brighten, firm, hydrate – and help outsmart visible premature skin ageing caused by daily eye movements and environmental stress. It's also gentle enough for the delicate eye area.
Dermalogica's most advanced, dual-phase serum combines highly-active botanicals with biomimetic technology to reduce visible signs of skin ageing and reawakens the nature of younger-looking skin.
- Doubles skin's luminosity in just 1 application
- Minimises the appearance of fine lines in just 1 application
- Reduces visible wrinkles after 4 weeks
Hydrating fluid concentrate relieves dryness and the appearance of fine lines. Use prior to, or mix with, your moisturiser to help lift moisture levels. May also be applied directly to dry areas.