There’s a serious stigma about sleep. In today’s increasingly interconnected, always-on world we view sleep as a period of idleness or lost productivity, and we try to get by on as little as possible. Most of us don’t realise that the hours we spend asleep are actually among our most constructive: While we sleep the brain recharges and cellular repair ramps up, and the benefits are huge. Certain areas of your brain work their hardest during sleep, and skin is best able to repair and regenerate itself at night. How’s that for productivity?
Now, knowing how beneficial sleep is, consider this alarming statistic: sleep problems affect health and quality of life for up to 45% of the world’s population. Just a few nights of missed sleep lead to dull skin and fine lines, and continued sleep insufficiency can result in hypertension, diabetes and a host of other issues.
Understanding the importance of active sleep and addressing chronic sleep insufficiency can seem daunting – but Dermalogica’s new Sound Sleep Cocoon is an excellent place to start. This nighttime gel-cream harnesses the power of nature with science to promote sound sleep and healthy, radiant skin. It features active ingredients that transform skin overnight by optimising nighttime skin recovery and soothing motion-activated essential oils to promote restful sleep.
Key Benefits of Sound Sleep Cocoon
- Reduces signs of skin fatigue and restores vitality
- Visibly increases radiance by morning
- Softens and hydrates skin
- Improves and brightens skin tone
- Promotes deep, restful sleep for healthier-looking skin
- Simply use as the last step in your nighttime skincare routine
Circadium rhythms and your skin
Sound Sleep Cocoon is formulated to be used at night, to work with the body’s natural circadian rhythms. Circadian rhythms are distinct periods of biological activity that occur when we’re awake and when we’re asleep, controlled by the way the body’s biological clock responds to light and dark.
Why a night gel-cream?
Skin is nocturnal: Because the skin is in repair mode and blood flow increases at night, it's best able to absorb active ingredients while we sleep. The skin also experiences more Trans-Epidermal Water Loss (TEWL) at night – so a gel-cream formula also replenishes crucial hydration, complementing the body’s natural fluctuations. By promoting restful sleep with motion-activated encapsulated essential oils and targeting signs of skin fatigue with active ingredients, Sound Sleep Cocoon helps you make the most of your sleep.
- Reduces signs of skin fatigue and restores vitality.
- Visibly increases radiance by morning.
- Optimises your skin’s natural overnight recovery process. Soothing essential oils promote deep, restful sleep for healthier-looking skin.
- Persian Silk Tree Extract provides overnight antioxidant protection and fights free radicals. It reduces signs of fatigue such as skin slackening while brightening and plumping tired skin.
- Wu-Zu-Yu promotes a more refined, even skin texture. It also aids in illuminating dull skin, visibly increasing skin’s radiance by morning
- Kakadu Plum is a potent form of Vitamin C – and a powerful weapon against free radical-induced skin damage and premature ageing. It delivers comprehensive antioxidant protection while improving luminosity and skin tone.
- Tamarind Seed Extract helps reduce water loss and protects skin’s barrier function, promoting the skin’s natural hydration process while increasing smoothness and softness
- Lavandin Oil is encapsulated and promotes deep, restful sleep. Additional calming essential oils soothe the senses to encourage sound sleep for healthier-looking skin.
About the Author
My name is Sarah and I am the founder of GLO Skin Body. With over 17 years experience, I believe a professional relationship with your skin therapist is crucial in helping you to achieve your skin care goals and to ensure your skin is always looking and feeling its best. Whether it's in person or through our online support, Im here to guide and support you towards your healthiest skin ever.
On a personal note, I am a Mum of 3 so I understand completely the juggles and balancing of life and family commitments . My goal is to help everyone have an effective and enjoyable home care routine that gets you the results you want...no matter how busy you are!