Have you heard yourself saying...
"My skin feels dry"
"My skin feels tight during the day"
"My skin looks dull"
These are common changes we experience when our skin is dehydrated - especially during the cooler months of the year.
What is the difference between dry and dehydrated skin?
- Produces less natural oils from the oil glands on the skin.
- You will experience very little or no oil shine on your skin during the day
- Oil forms part of our protective barrier in the skin and a skin that has little or no oil means our skincare needs to support and include ingredients that will help promote nourishment and repair to the skin.
- When the skin lacks moisture (water).
- Any skin can experience dehydration... even oily skins.
- Results in the feeling of tightness on the skin and also flakiness.
- If you have oily skin, it's common to experience an increase in oil if dehydration is present on the skin.
- Many external factors around us can increase the levels of dehydration in the skin so it's important that no matter how oily your skin is, hydration is a daily focus in your home care routine.
When incorporating a hydrating serum in your home care routine - look for Hyaluronic Acid or alike ingredients. Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) is also a great addition to your regimen when it comes to hydration.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid is found naturally in the skin and is responsible for holding moisture in the skin. It forms part of the support structures along with collagen and elastin. As we age, hyaluronic acid levels decline so even more of a reason to include this into your home care.
How does Hyaluronic Acid benefit my skin?
With so many benefits, lets take a look at the list of all the good things Hyaluronic acid will bring to your skin:
- Absorbs quickly and effectively
- Leaves the skin more plump and radiant
- Improves elasticity
- Regulates oil production
- Reduces fine lines of dehydration
- Alleviates feelings of tightness and dryness on the skin
- Helps build resilience in the skin to protect against the harsh elements
- Smoothes the texture of the skin
Whether you have oily skin or oil-dry skin, Dermalogica has got you covered when it comes to ensuring your hydration remains a focus in your daily routine.
Perfect for oil-dry and combination skin types
Feather light hydrating oil that absorbs rapidly into the skin and smoothes fine lines of dehydration whilst shielding and protecting the skin. Leaves the skin with an all-day dewy appearance.
- Hydroxy-Methoxyphenyl Decanone- Potent Hyaluronic Acid Booster, antioxidant and anti-irritant
- Camelia Oil: Inhibits water loss from the skin
- Orchard Flower Extract: Seals in moisture
- Sunflower Seed Extract: Decrease moisture loss and provides antioxidant protection to the skin
To use: After cleansing, press 4-5 drops into the face and neck area. Follow with your prescribed Dermalogica moisturiser.
Perfect for all skin types
We need sustained hydration and Circular Hydrating Serum delivers this! This serum immediately floods the skin with hydration and the replenishes skin from within, all while also preventing future moisture being evaporated from the skin.
- A light, silky consistency that absorbs quickly into the skin
- Suitable for all skins, including oiler skins.
- Leaves skin smooth, plump and luminous
- Clinically proven to deeply hydrate skin for 10+ hours and increase hydration levels over time
- Polyglutamic Acid – Ccreates a barrier to prevent water from evaporating out and helps to stimulate hydration from within the skin.
- Algae Extract-Infused Moisturising Matrix – Delivers quick and long-lasting hydration
- Lactobacillus Ferment + Avena (Oat) Extract – Helps balance skins microbiome (bacteria community) to improve barrier health so skin can better hold water.
- Amino Acids – Trap water onto the skin’s surface, helping prevent future dehydration.
- Hyaluronic Acid– Known for its ability to hold 1000 times its own weight in water, this potent humectant, also naturally present in the skin, provides deep hydration.
- Plant-derived sugars – Provide an ongoing moisture reservoir deep in the skin
To use: Dispense half a dropper into hands and lightly massage over face, neck and chest. Circular Hydration Serum can also be used around the eyes, helping to soften texture and fine lines.
Also read: Your Winter Skincare Essentials
About the Author
My name is Sarah and I am the founder of GLO Skin Body. With over 17 years experience, I believe a professional relationship with your skin therapist is crucial in helping you to achieve your skin care goals and to ensure your skin is always looking and feeling its best. Whether it's in person or through our online support, Im here to guide and support you towards your healthiest skin ever.
On a personal note, I am a Mum of 3 so I understand completely the juggles and balancing of life and family commitments . My goal is to help everyone have an effective and enjoyable home care routine that gets you the results you want...no matter how busy you are!