Self-Care is still high on the must-do activities - Taking the time we need to rest, recharge and take care of our skin, ensuring it feels its best always.
Adding a masque into your weekly skincare routine will not only send the love vibes to your skin, but it will also allow you to sit back and relax. However, if life is busy, then we have some tips to help you incorporate a masque into your lifestyle.
Dermalogica has a masque to suit all skin types and if you have multiple concerns, no problem, we have a solution for this too!
What is the benefit of applying a masque?
A masque takes your homecare treatments to the next level. It targets specific skin concerns beyond your daily skincare routine while allowing you to take some time out and relax.
What if I have multiple skin concerns?
That's where it gets exciting because multiple concerns can be targeted by 'patch-working': meaning you can use a specific masque on a specific area of concern.
For example, if you have oil and blackheads through your 'T zone', you can use a masque that purifies and refines in that area. Whilst using a hydrating masque on the cheeks and neck to boost moisture levels.
And if you'd prefer to keep it simple, one masque can certainly be used over the entire face and neck area.
How often should I use a Masque?
At least once to twice a week is a great frequency for a masque.
If you like having a schedule, plan 2 nights per week for your 'self-care' masque nights. We love doing our masques every Sunday night to finish off a great weekend and start fresh and feeling good on Monday.
What if I don't really have the time to do a Masque?
We have found some great ways to incorporate a masque into our home care routines. Here are our tips on when to apply your masque:
- When watching your favourite TV show
- While relaxing in a nice hot bath
- When reading a few chapters of your book
- If you have young kids, cleanse and apply a masque while they are in the bath!
- While reading your kids a bedtime story
- Doing some household chores
- Masque while you slumber (certain Dermalogica masques)
Which Masque is right for me?
Calm, Nourish, Restore while you sleep
- A leave-on masque while you sleep
- Nourishes dry and dehydrated skin
- Deeply satisfying melting sensation
- Calms and protects sensitive skin
Firm and Regenerate
- Increases elasticity with antioxidatn vitamins
- Restores suppleness
- Nourishing and calming
Smooth and Hydrate all-in-one
- 2-in-1 exfoliation and masque
- Physical exfoliation to brighten and smooth
- Infuses skin with hydration
Reduce Teenage Blackheads
- Unique fizzing formula that helps clear pores and targets blackheads
- Absorbs excess oils
Target Adult Acne & Oil
- Can be used as a spot treatment for breakouts
- Cooling sensation to help soothe inflammation
Calm and Hydrate
- Improves resilience in the skin
- Restores supplness
- Time release hydration
About the Author
My name is Sarah and I am the founder of GLO Skin Body. With over 17 years experience, I believe a professional relationship with your skin therapist is crucial in helping you to achieve your skin care goals and to ensure your skin is always looking and feeling its best. Whether it's in person or through our online support, Im here to guide and support you towards your healthiest skin ever.
On a personal note, I am a Mum of 3 and I understand completely the juggles and balancing of life and family commitments . My goal is to help everyone have an effective and enjoyable home care routine that gets you the results you want...no matter how busy you are!