Did you know that adult acne is on the rise and women are five times more likely to develop breakouts? Stress, constant hormonal fluctuations and the surge in pollution levels all contribute to those painful, inflamed and sore breakouts we experience as adults.
Teen Acne versus Adult Acne
Unlike teen acne, adult acne takes longer to clear and fade. This is because as adults, our skin takes longer to heal, especially if stress is present, and as a result, we see more marking leftover on the skin. So even though that pesky pimple is no longer active, your skin is left with a lingering mark, which is almost as equally frustrating. And what we know, is that the post-inflammatory pigmentation that appears after a breakout creates an uneven skin tone and accelerates skin ageing.
Dermalogica’s Modern Approach to Adult Breakouts
In response to the latest underrating of adult acne, Dermalogica has identified the need for breakout clearing skincare that’s designed specifically for an adult skin. Backed by the latest research, Active Clearing uses powerful ingredient technology to leave the skin clearer and brighter than ever before.
This ultra-lightweight advanced serum works hard to both clear and brighten the skin. Along with targeting acne-causing bacteria, it smooths fine lines and promotes a more radiant, softer skin. It’s ideal for anyone experiencing under the surface congestion and/or hormonal breakouts, accompanied by dullness and dehydration.
To use, dispense a few drops from the glass dropper and apply a thin layer to clean skin. Allow to dry before following with your moisturiser. The AGE Bright Clearing Serum can be used twice a day and applied to the whole face or just to the affected areas, such as the jawline where we commonly see adult breakouts.
Key Ingredients in AGE Bright Clearing Serum from Active Clearing:
- AGE Bright Complex – contains Dermalogica’s patented TT Technology fused with Niacinamide to support your skins natural microbiome (bacteria) to clear the skin. Resurrection Plant – delivers an injection of hydration to help relieve sensitivity, promote clear skin and minimize the appearance of fine lines.
- 2% Salicylic Acid – increases cell turnover to help clear impacted follicles and smooth the skin.
- Niacinamide works with White Shitake Mushroom to combat post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, leaving the skin significantly brighter.
NEW AGE Bright Spot Fader
A true multi-tasker, the NEW AGE Bright Spot Fader is a 2-in1 brightening spot treatment that helps reduce the appearance of active breakouts, along with the marks they leave behind. Not only will it bring down your breakouts, but it will fade the scarring that characterises adult breakouts. This is a must-have treatment for anyone who experiences breakouts as an adult.
After cleansing and toning, twist the top of the AGE Bright Spot Fader and apply the AGE Bright Spot Fader directly to individual breakouts as soon as they appear, twice a day. If using in conjunction with the AGE Bright Clearing Serum, apply the serum first, followed by the AGE Bright Spot Fader.
Key Ingredients in AGE Bright Spot Fader from Active Clearing:
- AGE Bright Complex – contains Dermalogica’s patented TT Technology fused with Niacinamide to support your skins natural microbiome (bacteria) to clear the skin. Resurrection Plant – delivers an injection of hydration to help relieve sensitivity, promote a clear skin and minimize the appearance of fine lines.
- 2% Salicylic Acid – increases cell turnover to help clear impacted follicles and reduce the redness associated with adult breakouts.
- Niacinamide and Hexyl Resorcinol – target and fade post-breakout marks to improve uneven skin tone.
Get ready to clear and brighten your skin with Dermalogica’s New Active Clearing Duo: Age Bright Clearing Serum and Age Bright Spot Fader.