"Is a Toner really necessary?" I hear you saying.
The toners of today are entirely different from the toners of the past. Where it used to be the job of a toner to remove the pore-clogging residue leftover from cleansing, we now have toners that protect the skin, increase product absorption and deliver results.
Dermalogica toners spritz the skin with moisture, whilst treating specific skin challenges such as hydration, sensitivity and skin ageing.
Why should I use a Toner/Mist?
A toner will allow for more effective and even product absorbption.
Your skin absorbs and retains more moisture when its damp. So, when you spritz your skin with toner and immediately apply your next steps of skincare, your skin will absorbs these products more readily.
What's more, applying a spritz toner prevents thirsty or dry pathces so you wont need to use as much product. Overlooking a toner in your daily skincare regimen means you’ll use more of your finishing products, plus, they won’t work as well as they could.
Your toner will be your new best friend
Why? Whenever you need a skin pick me up, moisture boost, or simply to refresh your make-up, grab your Dermalogica toner and spritz away. This function makes them the perfect companion for anyone who finds themselves in an environment that sucks away moisture from their skin such as flying, central heating and air conditioning. And in the hot climates and months, you can pop your toner in the fridge overnight for an uber-cooling and refreshing dose of moisture.
Which toner is right for me?
- Provides long-lasting hydration
- Helps to smooth fine lines and wrinkles
- Strengthens skin’s barrier
- Lightweight and fresh and can be used throughout the day when needed
- 4 types of Hyaluronic Acid helps the skin hold on to water for long-lasting hydration.
- Ceramides help seal in hydration for supple skin that bounces back from stress
- Rose Water revives and refreshes the skin
- Panthenol, a Pro-Vitamin B5 improves skin hydration
What it does: Hydrate and Refresh
- Ultra-light Sprtiz allows for optimal moisturiser absorption
- Supports in the application of your products that follow- ensuring an even applicaiton over the face and neck area
- Ideal for use during air travel with a travel size option that can be re-filled
- Can be spritzed on throughout the day to help maintain hydration levels (even over make-up).
- Lavender helps soothe and purify the skin
- Balm Mint and Aloe Vera helps cool, soften and hydrate the skin
- Cucumber help keep the skin smooth and refreshed
- Sodium PCA: a moisture-binding humectant that provides effective moisture absorption and hydration
What it does: Firm and Hydrate
- A refreshing mist that can be spritzed on your face throughout the day
- Creates an active antioxidant shield to fight free radical damage
- Creates instant firming action to lift and tighten the skin
- Helps prevent the signs of aging and hydrates skin to reduce fine lines associated with dryness
- Comes in a handy travel size that can be refilled
- Arginine / Lysine Polypeptide prevents breakdown of collagen and elastin
- Vitamin C stimulates collagen formation and provides antioxidant protection
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5: stimulates collagen synthesis and helps firm the skin
- Bamboo Vulgaris and Pea Extract help stimulate Hyaluronic Acid formation for increased hydration and elasticity
What it does: Calm and Soothe
- Quickly relieves inflammation and discomfort
- Helps the skin recover from damage and lipid barrier breakdown
- Conditions the skin to prepare for proper moisture absorption
- Easy-to-use spray application and can be used after epilation, waxing or exfoliation for soothing benefits.
- UltraCalming™ Complex of Oat, Ginger and Red Hogweed Extract helps reduce sensitivity, redness, irritation and inflammation
- Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid: synthetic oat active used to boost the efficacy of natural Oat
- Aloe Leaf Juice provides skin soothing effects
If you need any advice about your skin, we are here to help! We offer Complimentary Zoom Consultations (no zoom account needed) to help with your skin concerns face to face, from the comfort of your own home!
Click on advice to book a day and time that suits you best. We would love to hear from you!
About the Author
My name is Sarah and I am the founder of GLO Skin Body. With over 17 years experience, I believe a professional relationship with your skin therapist is crucial in helping you to achieve your skin care goals and to ensure your skin is always looking and feeling its best. Whether it's in person or through our online support, Im here to guide and support you towards your healthiest skin ever.
On a personal note, I am a Mum of 3 so I understand completely the juggles and balancing of life and family commitments . My goal is to help everyone have an effective and enjoyable home care routine that gets you the results you want...no matter how busy you are!